Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jan 25th The Mom Chronicles:Making Progress

The Mom Chronicles: Making Progress
Well, here are again. I am feeling a little hung over this morning after the devistating Vikings loss. Not literally because of any colorful beverages, but emotionally drained. It was a good run, and I was so sad to see it end. Now the big questions remain: Will Favre come back? Does he retire...again? Will the Vikings be able to do it all again next year, with hopefully a better end result? Ahh.. The saga lives on. But for now, like many of you, I am feeling a bit bummed. I think we all really believed they were going to do it, to get to Miami, to bring home that big Super Bowl win. I guess there is always next year.

Aside from this, life in the Peterson household this past week was wonderfully uneventful, if you don't count some serious boundary pushing from a certain three and a half year old. Another week of school under my belt, another week closer to my ultimate goal. I got the time line. I will be an EMT in about four months and paramedic in three years. I dread to think of it taking three more years, and delighted in knowing I am making something of myself, and something honorable. I am not done yet, AND I am on my way. Progress. This week, likely about the same time you are all opening up the paper and reading this, I will be completing my first big Exam. I am nervous, but working on getting prepared. This week I am also attending a scholarship banquet, as I was awarded a generous scholarship by the Foundation at Inver Hills to attend. I will proudly attend to receive my award. Progress.

Then there is my Miss Ella. We had an appointment up at Gillette Children's this week with a Physical therapist, who actually lives here in town (hi, Katie W!). We were sent to her from our provider there as they have been a little disappointed on Ella's progress in walking (she is about 21 months old, and can only take a few steps at a time). The P.T. assessment was reassuring and we will be making weekly visits for the next eight weeks to work with Ella to hopefully develop her skills further that she may finally be able to walk. I am hopful. Progress.

And finally something I havent' talked much about recently, on the account of it being so personal to me: my marriage. This past October I decided it needed it to end and began that process. Shortly after some very scary things happened to me, and my husband was sort of shaken with a wake up call. He has worked very hard to step up and step in and show his dedication to our marriage. We are a couple weeks away from our four year anniversary. Things are not perfect, AND we are making progress. We are not "there" yet, and we are trying to see if we are going to get "there". Progress.

And so my moms, as you embark on this next week in your life, remember that it is not the end result that is most important but all the little things that happen along the way. We did not get to the Super Bowl, but we had one heck of a year. School is along way from being over, but I am doing well and am on my way. Ella can't fully walk yet, but she is taking steps. My marriage is still somewhat broken, and it's slowly getting fixed. Dont' loose sight on the little things, for in them lies hope and promise that maybe, just maybe, tomorrow will be a better and brighter day.

Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment